- This article is about the department store owner. For the banker, see Robert B. Aland.
Aland came to Birmingham with his family in 1894. He went into business for himself in 1908. The store was located on 2nd Avenue North between 18th and 19th Streets. It expanded into the adjacent Sears building in 1941.
Aland died in 1947 at Jefferson Hospital, following a long illness.