Roberts & Sons Building
The Roberts & Sons Building is a four-story brick commercial building located at 1810-1812 3rd Avenue North. It was built in 1897 for the Roberts & Sons Printing and Binding business. The building was damaged by a fire on November 25, 1911 and another fire on December 17, 1970.
The building housed Epp's Jewelry in the 1960s and 1970s.
In 2018 the building was redeveloped, along with the western half of the adjoining Graves Building, as offices or retail with loft residences above. The Sher family, which owns the property, worked with Retail Specialists on the project. CCR Architecture & Interiors designed the renovations, which were carried out by Rives Construction.
|3rd Avenue North
- White, Marjorie Longenecker (1977) Downtown Birmingham: Architectural and Historical Walking Tour Guide. Birmingham: Birmingham Historical Society.
- Godwin, Brent (March 14, 2018) "Major redevelopment in works for Theatre District buildings." Birmingham Business Journal