Robins & Morton
Robins & Morton is a Birmingham-based construction company specializing in healthcare projects. Its central offices are located at 400 Shades Creek Parkway. Their building, completed in 2010, was awarded "Gold" status by the U.S. Green Building Council.
The firm was founded as Robins Engineering by Todd Robins in 1946. During the next decades the company specialized in erecting steel plants across the Southeast and Midwest. Reincorporated as the Robins Corporation in 1966, the firm completed its first major healthcare project, the Downtown General Hospital in Chattanooga, Tennessee, in 1976. Robins opened its second office in Nashville, Tennessee in 1981. It has since opened offices in Orlando and Miami, Florida; Dallas, Texas; Huntsville, Alabama; and Charlotte and Durham, North Carolina.
Barry Morton, who began with the company as a laborer in 1953, became a part-owner in 1975 and president in 1985. His name was added to the company's in 1992 as he took over as chairman and CEO and was succeeded by Wayne Gordon as president. Barry Morton's son Bill Morton became president in 2002. When he succeeded his father as chairman and CEO in 2015 Robin Savage stepped in to serve as president.
In 2020 the firm renovated and expanded its office complex.
- Trades Tower, 1970
- Zeigler Medical Research Building, 1971
- Jefferson County Bessemer Courthouse Annex, 1980
- Birmingham Turf Club, 1987
- Auburn Arena, 2010
- Regions Field, 2013
- Grand Bohemian Mountain Brook, 2015
- Longleaf at Liberty Park
- Valley Hotel
- Times Plaza, Huntsville
- Huntsville Hospital, Huntsville
- Parsons, Jim (February 18, 2019) "Robins & Morton Follows a Healthy Rx for Growth" ENR Southeast.
- Van der Bijl, Hanno (September 16, 2019) "Construction company acquires HQ for $4M, eyes expansion." Birmingham Business Journal
- Thornton, William (March 23, 2021) "Robins & Morton celebrates 75th anniversary, office project." The Birmingham News
- Robins & Morton website