The street was built as Robins Drive in the 1960s, concurrent with construction of the Elton B. Stephens Expressway. A significant portion of the Rosedale neighborhood was razed to build it, including all of Walnut Street and most of Lynn Boulevard.
The only business with direct access to Rosedale Drive is a car wash which has an address of Mamie Foster Place.
- 18th Street South intersection (road begins/ends)
- 19th Street South intersection
- U.S. Highway 31/280 interchange
- Cloverleaf from eastbound Rosedale Drive to northbound Elton B. Stephens Expressway
- Road continues east as U.S. Highway 280