|District||Birmingham City Schools|
|Location||1517 Hibernian Street, (map)|
The George W. Scott School (originally Pratt School, Pratt City School or Pratt City Colored School) was an elementary school organized in 1891 and operated by Birmingham City Schools at 1517 Hibernian Street near Bankhead Highway in North Pratt.. It was renamed in honor of long-time principal George Scott.
The one-story brick building was recognizable for the oblique square chimney next to the entrance, on which was mounted the school's flagpole. A pedestrian bridge over provided safe access for students living across the highway.
The Scott School closed and was merged along with the McCaw School into the new South Hampton Elementary School in 1999. The new school's gymnasium is named in honor of Scott.
The former Scott School was used as an emergency shelter for people affected by the April 2011 tornado outbreak. The facility was operated by Bethel Baptist Church of Pratt City.
- George W. Scott, 1896–1924