Shook and Fletcher Supply Company

From Bhamwiki
Jump to: navigation, search

The Shook and Fletcher Supply Company is a privately-held company that sells mining equipment, parts and supplies. The company was founded in 1901 by former Tennessee Coal and Iron Company employee Paschal Green Shook and John F. Fletcher. It is currently headquartered at 1041 11th Court West in the East Thomas neighborhood of Birmingham.

In the 1930s, the company operated an automobile service station at the corner of 21st Street and 7th Avenue South.

The commercial insulation division, formed in 1949 was spun off in 1967 as the Shook and Fletcher Insulation Company.

Wayne Killion, Sr bought the company in 1967. His son, Wayne, Jr, took over as president and CEO in 2000. In 2002 the Shook and Flethcer Insulation Company filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection, pouring millions of dollars into a trust from which 80,000 then-active asbestos-related lawsuit settlements could be drawn.

References

External link