St Mary's-on-the-Highlands Episcopal Church
(Redirected from St Mary's on the Highlands Episcopal Church)
St Mary's on-the-Highlands Episcopal Church is a congregation in the Episcopal Diocese of Alabama, led by Rector Huey Gardner.
The parish was founded on February 11, 1887 as a mission of the Church of the Advent.
The stone-clad church building, designed by John Sutcliffe and completed in 1891 is located at 1910 12th Avenue South in Five Points South.
A columbarium and new organ chamber were added to the building to designs by architect John Carraway.
In May 2021 a new parish hall and other renovations of auxiliary buildings were completed. They were designed by KPS Group.
- James Willis Cantey Johnson, 1902-1907
- Willoughby Claybrook, 1908-1919
- Oscar deWolf Randolph, 1919-1928
- Richard Bland Mitchell, 1929-1938
- William Henry Marmion, 1938-1950
- David Cady Wright, 1951-1970
- M. William Asger, 1976-1986
- Rusty Goldsmith, 1986-
- Huey Gardner, 2002-
- Schnorrenberg, John M. and Janice Ford-Freeman (1999) Walking Tours of Birmingham Churches Conducted from 1990 to 1999. Privately printed for the Birmingham Historical Society.