St Vincent's Health System
St Vincent's Health System is a family of five hospitals in the Birmingham area owned by Ascension Health, a national non-profit Catholic hospital network based in St Louis, Missouri.
In July 2007, St Vincent's merged with Eastern Health System. Eastern's three hospitals were re-named with the St Vincent's moniker.
- Curtis James, 1976-2008
- Neeysa Biddle (interim), January-March 2009
- John O'Neil, March 2009-September 2014
- Neeysa Biddle (interim), September 2014-
- St Vincent's Birmingham (372 beds)
- St Vincent's East (282 beds)
- St Vincent's St Clair (82 beds)
- St Vincent's Blount (40 beds)
- St Vincent's Health System website
- DeButts, Jimmy (June 20, 2008) "'Transitional year' means $29 million in losses for St. Vincent's" Birmingham Business Journal}
- Velasco, Anna (July 16, 2008) "St. Vincent's system CEO Curtis James retiring" The Birmingham News
- Tomberlin, Michael (May 16, 2009) "St. Vincent's to move Galleria offices" The Birmingham News
- Oliver, Mike (September 23, 2014) "St. Vincent's hospital system CEO resigns." The Birmingham News