St Vincent's West Pavilion
The new building provided 140 single-bed patient rooms, replacing the existing double rooms in the East Wing, along with specialized intensive care and cardiac care units. It was designed to provide spaces for diagnostic radiology, nuclear medicine, physical therapy, ambulatory surgery, respiratory therapy and EEG/EKG services, along with new laboratory and office space. The building also provided a new entrance lobby for the hospital campus, with admitting facilities, a gift shop, and volunteer services area.
Other components of the $31.7 million project included renovating the East Wing as the new home for the St Vincent's School of Nursing, demolishing the original 1925 School of Nursing building, and constructing a new hospital education center. The full project was completed in 1982.