St Vincent's Health System
St Vincent's Health System is a family of five hospitals in the Birmingham area owned by Ascension Health, a national non-profit Catholic hospital network based in St Louis, Missouri.
In July 2007, St Vincent's merged with Eastern Health System. Eastern's three hospitals were re-named with a St Vincent's moniker.
In July 2008, the system's president and CEO of 32 years, Curtis James, announced his retirement, effective January 1, 2009. Executive vice president and COO Neeysa Biddle served as interim CEO. John O'Neil, former president and CEO of Lourdes Hospital in Binghamton, New York, took over as CEO of St Vincent's Health System in March 2009.
- St Vincent's Birmingham (372 beds)
- St Vincent's East (282 beds)
- St Vincent's St Clair (82 beds)
- St Vincent's Blount (40 beds)
 External links
- St Vincent's Health System website
- DeButts, Jimmy (June 20, 2008) "'Transitional year' means $29 million in losses for St. Vincent's." Birmingham Business Journal
- Velasco, Anna (July 16, 2008) "St. Vincent's system CEO Curtis James retiring." Birmingham News
- Tomberlin, Michael (May 16, 2009) "St. Vincent's to move Galleria offices." Birmingham News