Stadium Trace Village
Stadium Trace Village, originally called Buc's Landing, is a 192-acre shopping center under development at the intersection of Stadium Trace Parkway and John Hawkins Parkway (Alabama State Highway 150) in Hoover.
The developer, Will Kadish of Broad Metro Commercial Real Estate of New York, New York, purchased the property from the Chichester family and U.S. Steel. The City of Hoover approved the rezoning and road improvement plans submitted by the developer, and offered sales tax incentives capped at $20 million over a 10-year period to facilitate the project. Broad Metro spent $12 million for clearing, grading and road improvement, which began in mid-2017 to designs by Gonzalez-Strength & Associates and Skippper Consulting. Construction was managed by the developer, operating as MAP Development, with the UAB Medicine clinic awarded to Brasfield & Gorrie.
The development includes a "Main Street" section, dubbed "The Shoppes at Stadium Trace Village", with smaller shops and restaurants, as well as a UAB Medicine clinic building, a full-service hotel and outparcel restaurants. The first businesses opened in the 44 acre, Phase I of the complex in June 2019.
In Spring 2022 Southern Hospitality Services of Flowood, Mississippi broke ground for a dual-branded Hilton Homewood Suites and Hilton Garden Inn hotel on outparcels southeast of the shopping center. Additional development plans for the 125-acre Phase II and the optional 23-acre Phase III have not been announced.
Phase I (opened 2019-2020)
- Amber Drive
- Emery Drive West
- Fire Hose Drive
- 5101 : Duluth Trading Company (2020- )
- Marble Terrace
- Peridot Place
- 5215: Edgar's Bakery (2020- )
- Suite 3: Melt restaurant (2020- )
- 5222: Fritz Logging & Tree Service
- 5250: Big Whiskey's restaurant and bar (2020-)
- Anderson, Jon (August 30, 2017) "New York developer amends plans for 44-acre shopping center off I-459, Alabama 150." Hoover Sun
- Edgemon, Erin (September 6, 2017) "Hotel, grocery, restaurant, retail center under development in Hoover." The Birmingham News
- Anderson, John (September 11, 2017) "Hoover council approves tax rebates for two Trace Crossings shopping centers." Hoover Sun
- Edgemon, Erin (April 9, 2018) "UAB to build new medical facility in Hoover." The Birmingham News
- Anderson, Jon (September 26, 2018) "More tenants announced for Stadium Trace Village." Hoover Sun
- Thornton, William (December 7, 2018) "Duluth Trading Co. among businesses coming to Hoover development." The Birmingham News
- Thornton, William (September 20, 2021) "Hilton prototype dual-hotel to be built at Hoover’s Stadium Trace." The Birmingham News
- Mann, Joshua (September 23, 2021) "Stadium Trace Village to sell Hilton plots for $2.3M." Birmingham Business Journal
- Mann, Joshua (October 1, 2021) "Liberty Properties buys assets from MAP Development for $13.9M." Birmingham Business Journal
- Thornton, William (November 11, 2021) "Hoover’s Stadium Trace Village shopping center sells for $13.9 million." The Birmingham News