Steel City Oldsmobile

From Bhamwiki
Jump to: navigation, search
Steel City Olds

Steel City Oldsmobile was an auto dealership located at 2415 7th Avenue South (Avenue H). with a tall landmark "OLDS" sign on the corner of 24th Street.

Established in 1939, the business passed to the founder's son-in-law Price Hightower in 1980. Hightower expanded the business with Isuzu, GMC truck and Hyundai franchises. The dealerships were sold to Jim Burke Automotive.

The vacant dealership was demolished in 2014 for construction of the Birmingham Veterans Administration Primary Care Annex and parking deck.