Sutcliffe, Armstrong & Willett

From Bhamwiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Sutcliffe, Armstrong & Willett was an architecture firm practicing in Birmingham in the late 19th century. During 1887 they also practiced as Sutcliffe & Armstrong, Architects.

The principals were John Sutcliffe and A. J. Armstrong. Their main office was at 2017 1st Avenue North (or 115 1/2 21st Street North). The offices hosted the organizational meeting of the Alabama Association of Architects on March 12, 1887.

The firm, known for the design of The Bessemer Block, also advertised an office in Bessemer.

By 1888 Armstrong had left the firm to partner with Lawrence Buck in Armstrong & Buck.

References

  • "Association of Alabama Architects" (April 1887) The Inland Architect Vol. 9, No. 4, pp. 46-47