Taco Mama is a taqueria and Mexican restaurant located at 63 Church Street in Mountain Brook's Crestline Village. The restaurant, opened November 2011 by Will Haver of Otey's Tavern, features tacos and burritos as well as margarita specials and beers.
By early 2016 the business had grown to four locations, including Tuscaloosa, Huntsville, and Oxmoor Road in Edgewood. By early 2018 there were ten locations, most in Alabama but one in Nashville, Tennessee and another in Greensboro, North Carolina, with another planned for the Birmingham area.
Birmingham area locations
- 6801 Cahaba Valley Road, Suite 124, Birmingham (Cadence Place)
- 707 Richard Arrington Jr Boulevard South, Suite 103, Birmingham (The Waites)
- 327 Summit Boulevard, Birmingham (The Summit)
- 1014 Oxmoor Road, Homewood (Edgewood Business District)
- 63 Church Street, Mountain Brook (Crestline Village)
- 5220 Peridot Place, Suite 100 - Stadium Trace Village, Hoover
- 2050 Gadsden Highway, Suite 128, Trussville
- 700 Montgomery Highway, Suite 194A, Vestavia Hills (Vestavia Hills City Center)
- 430 Fieldstown Road, Suite 100, in Gardendale (opened May 2023)
- Carlton, Bob (December 16, 2011) "Otey's Tavern owner opens new Taco Mama taqueria in Mountain Brook's Crestline Village." The Birmingham News
- Poe, Kelly (September 23, 2015) "Taco Mama to open in Homewood early next year." The Birmingham News
- Taco Mama website