Talk:2010 Birmingham budget
This seems not to be very meaningful given the changes made since it was first proposed, but I'm saving this meager account here in case it has a use. --Dystopos 09:39, 31 January 2010 (PST)
- Operational Budget : The following figures were pulled from the Mayor's first proposal, accessed via birminghamal.gov:
- $415.8 million in projected revenues from property and business taxes, permits, fines, fees, intergovernmental collections, service charges and "other operating revenue", approximately 2% less than projected revenues from fiscal year 2009.
- A surplus of $17.4 million was reported from the FY 2009 operating budget.
- Included under "other operating revenue" is a "debt service reimbursement" of $7.36 million.
- $85.4 million for the Birmingham Police Department
- $68.5 million for the Birmingham Fire & Rescue Service
- $19 million for the "dome stadium"
- $5.6 million for the "Vision Scholarship Program"
- $1.15 million for "laptop computers"
- No appropriation for Fair Park redevelopment
- No appropriation for street and sidewalk improvements.