Thomas Parke residence

From Bhamwiki
Jump to: navigation, search

The Thomas Parke residence, at 1814 11th Avenue South, was the home of Dr Thomas Duke Parke and his wife, Amy Smith Parke until their deaths, in 1923 and 1945, respectively.

At her death, Parke left the house and an endowment to the City of Birmingham for use as a Southside Branch Library. A new library building was erected in place of the house in 1955.