Tinsley Harrison Tower
The Tinsley Harrison Tower is a ten story research building in the UAB Medical Center located at 1900 University Boulevard. It was officially dedicated on September 23, 1984. It is connected to the Zeigler Medical Research Building and the McCallum Basic Health Sciences Building.
The building is named in honor of Dr. Tinsley Harrison who became the Dean of the UAB School of Medicine in 1950.
UAB's departments of anesthesiology, biochemistry & molecular genetics, cell biology, medicine, neurology, and surgery are all housed within this building.
A Regions bank branch is located on the ground floor of the building.
- Fisher, Virginia E. (1995) Building on a Vision. Birmingham, Alabama: Crane Hill Publishers ISBN 1881548147
- Building information at Emporis.com