UAB Webb Building
- This article is about the 1983, 6-story UAB building. For the 1871, 3-story building, see Webb Building.
The Susan Mott Webb Nutrition Sciences Building is a six-story, 60,000 square foot academic building located at 1675 University Boulevard. It is home to the UAB Department of Nutrition Sciences, which is primarily administered by the UAB School of Health Professions. It was built in 1983 after a donation of $1,000,000 by Mr. Charles B. Webb, Jr., a Birmingham philanthropist, honoring the memory of his late wife, Susan Mott Webb.
A groundbreaking ceremony was held on June 3, 1982 for the building and on October 18, 1983 it was officially dedicated.
The building faces University Boulevard and is located in between the UAB School of Nursing Building on the east side and the Ryals Public Health Building on the west side. The building is also connected on the second floor to a pedestrian plaza and crosswalk that provides access to Lister Hill Library, the UAB School of Nursing Building, the Henry Peters Building, and the Learning Resource Center.
- Bosarge, James (May 19, 1978) "Gift aids nutrition science research" UAB Report