Union Missionary Baptist Church
Union Missionary Baptist Church is a Baptist church located at 1731 26th Avenue South in Homewood's Rosedale neighborhood. The church was founded by the merger of Healing Springs Baptist Church and Walnut Street Baptist Church. The union of the two congregations on March 14, 1914 gave the church its name. Ira McKinney was the first pastor.
The stone-veneered church is constructed in a simple Gothic-Revival style with a crenellated parapet over the narthex and a circular window above the entrance. The two octagonal towers on the front of the church have been modified. The left-hand tower was originally much taller. The church bell has been relocated to a low brick wall to the right of the entrance.
Union and is associated with the adjoining Partridge Crossroads Cemetery.
- Wurtele, Martha & Jake Collins (2015) Homewood. Images of America Series. Arcadia Publishing ISBN 1439653968