- I haven't taken the time to write much on how to get started on BhamWiki. Basically, you're right. If you upload some junk it will magically get taken care of (by me or someone else). Wikipedia has a tutorial on basic editing here. I've posted a few notes (nothing close to comprehensive) on particularities of BhamWiki style here. Perhaps the most expeditious way to get a feel for things is to "peek behind the curtain" on existing articles by clicking the "edit" tab. And I'll be happy to answer any specific questions you think up. --Dystopos 15:31, 3 May 2007 (PDT)
I edited the Milton M. Grafman page. But his true middle initial was L. for Louis. Need to track back and fix those.
--MacroAlan 18:56, 13 October 2007 (PDT)
- Thanks for adding those long-overdue articles! I followed up with the initial mix-up (I ended up deciding to omit it altogether from the article title) and fussed around with some stylistic details. Since Bhamwiki is published with the assumption of limited copyright, we do need to detail the source and copyright restrictions on all uploaded images. You can add the info to the image page. For the time being, I've removed them from display. Thanks! --Dystopos 22:35, 13 October 2007 (PDT)
- I do not think the birthdate is correct on Marvin Torme, the twins are more contemporary with my father. I think more like 1936 than 1966. Gonna take some digging. --MacroAlan 11:13, 14 October 2007 (PDT)
Well, hi there! I didn't think to put 2 and 2 together when your user page first appeared. Welcome. I guess I can scratch those Barasch's and Emily Shop articles off my to do list now, as you're much more qualified to do those.
I don't usually edit other people's user pages, but for you (and a link to me), I'll make an exception. It also now serves as an example of how to make the words that are linked be different from the name of the article if you look at the source. --Lkseitz 12:25, 4 May 2007 (PDT)
Greetings to you too
We need to reconnect. Get my email at barasch.com and write me. Or better yet, have your Mom write. --MacroAlan 20:34, 4 May 2007 (PDT)
Thanks Lee. I went back and saw that it was too much "personal" and was planning to revise today. --MacroAlan 06:50, 14 October 2007 (PDT)
- No problem, but I didn't do much. Dystopos did most of the work. And just because we touched it doesn't mean you can't come back and make more improvements. --Lkseitz 07:12, 14 October 2007 (PDT)
- Congratulations on adding BhamWiki's 3,000th article! I'm glad it was on something important and not just some random gas station. --Dystopos 14:35, 14 October 2007 (PDT)
- Like what you did on Morris Newfield, I still have a small problem at the bottom where I refer to his brother's page on Wikipedia. Punctuation seems to be stuck in the middle.--MacroAlan 21:27, 14 October 2007 (PDT)