WNPT-AM was a radio station operated at 1280 kilocycles from a 1,000-watt transmitter at its studio near Riverside High School and the Warrior River Bridge in Northport. The station debuted on December 6, 1951 and was owned by the West Alabama Broadcasting Company, consisting of partners W. P. Thielens, W. M. Jordan, and T. H. Gailliard. Bill Harris was the station manager and Tom Todd was the engineer.
Joe Langston was named station manager after his discharge from the Army in the late 1950s.
- "Station WNPT, Northport, To Go On Air Dec. 6th." (November 18, 1951) The Tuscaloosa News