Wendell Givens (born 1922 in Lawrence County; died December 9, 2006) was a former assistant managing editor for the Birmingham News and a prolific writer. He retired in 1986 after 45 years with the paper.
Givens attended Sidney Lanier High School in Montgomery and graduated from Howard College in Birmingham. Before working for the News, he was on the sports staff for the Alabama Journal and the Birmingham Age-Herald.
- Givens, Wendell, Arthur Ben and Elizabeth N. Chitty (December 1992) Ninety-Nine Iron: The Season Sewanee Won Five Games in Six Days. Sewanee: University of the South Press. ISBN 187856109X, republished by Fire Ant Books in August 2003. ISBN 0817350624
- Jemison, Elbert S. and Wendell Givens (January 1997) Playback: From Hickory Nuts to Hall of Fame. Hole-High Publishers. ISBN 1885860102
- Givens, Wendell and Benny Marshall (October 2003) All-Time Greatest Alabama Sports Stories. Tuscaloosa: University of Alabama Press. ISBN 0817350527
- Givens, Wendell & Elbert S. Jemison, Jr (2005) Robert Jemison, Jr.: A Man with a Vision." Birmingham: Seacoast Publishing. ISBN 1594210187
- Stewart, Sherrel Wheeler (December 10, 2006) "Wendell Givens, longtime Birmingham News employee, dies at 84." Birmingham News.