White Dairy

From Bhamwiki
Jump to: navigation, search
White Dairy logo.jpg
Watercolor rendering of the White Dairy building

The White Dairy Company was a dairy product distributor founded in 1912 with offices at 627 27th Street South in Birmingham's Lakeview district.

In the 1920s the company's barn was affected by nearby construction, making it difficult to maintain the standards set by the Jefferson County Medical Milk Commission, a group established in 1918 to regulate milk production and distribution in the wake of typhoid and other disease outbreaks.

The company was incorporated in 1936 and completed its headquarters building, designed by David O. Whilldin, in 1938. The distributor operated as the home delivery division of the Barber Milk Company.