Woodlawn Depot

From Bhamwiki
Jump to: navigation, search

The Woodlawn Depot, also called the East Lake Freight Station or L & N Freight Depot, is a freight depot constructed in 1904 for the L & N Railroad at 6503 1st Avenue South in Woodlawn.

By 1947 the railroad no longer used the building and it was converted into a paint and roofing supply store and a private house, which still stood until after 1996.

The depot was later relocated to the Heart of Dixie Railroad Museum in Calera and houses the William E. Boone Memorial Library.