Daniel Albert Reamer (born 1871 in Oberlin, Ohio; died 1927) was an architect who worked intermittently in Birmingham between 1901 and his death.
Reamer was the son of Oberlin merchant Chambers Reamer and his wife, the former Frances F. Cole, who married on May 5, 1868. They moved from Ohio to Birmingham in 1886, and also had a residence in Fort Payne. Daniel returned to his home town to attend classes at Oberlin College in the early 1890s. He moved to Chicago, Illinois in 1892 and worked for his uncle, Daniel P. Reamer, at the A. H. Andrews & Co. furniture store. In 1900 he helped organize a "T-Square Club" in Atlanta, Georgia.
By 1901 he was operating an architectural practice in Birmingham. He relocated his practice to Chattanooga, Tennesseee in June 1906 and assisted his father in the development of the "Reamer Place" residential neighborhood in Oberlin in 1908. Around 1909 he began practicing in Cleveland, Ohio, with his younger brother, Robert (best known as the designer of the Old Faithful Inn at Yellowstone National Park in 1904.)
In 1924 Reamer returned south and resumed working in Birmingham and Chattanooga. He died in 1927.
- Stephen Thompson residence, 2848 Highland Avenue, 1910
- McCallie School dormitory, Chattanooga, Tennessee, 1907
- County high school, Soddy, Tennessee, 1907
- Houses for "Reamer Place", Oberlin, Ohio, 1908
- Jonathan Andrus residence, 251 Forest
- Charles Rogers residence, 378 Reamer
- 7 cottages, Chattanooga for Dixie Portland Cement Co., Copenhagen, Tennessee, 1909
- St James Methodist Episcopal Church, Chattanooga, Tennessee, 1909
- R. D. Gilbert residence, Chattanooga, Tennessee, 1909
- E. Waterhouse residence, Chattanooga, Tennessee, 1909
- Louis Myers residence (Shaker Historical Museum), Shaker Heights, Ohio, 1910
- 6-story hotel on site of Mahala Building, Sandusky, Ohio, 1911
- Residence in Elyria, Ohio, 1912
- 7-story apartment building on W. 14th Street, Cleveland, Ohio, 1913
- Hollow tile exhibit, Complete Building Show, Cleveland, Ohio, 1916
- 7-story apartment building on Euclid Avenue for L. Abrams Co., Cleveland, Ohio, 1922
- Thomas W. Graham residence, Oberlin, Ohio, 1923
- "Question: Who is the architect of the Shaker Historical Museum?" (Fall 2006) The Journal: Shaker Historical Society