Davis Middle School
In 1970 Davis School moved to the site of the former Clarendon Avenue School at 1224 Clarendon Avenue, adjacent to Roosevelt Park and Halls Creek. It became the system's sole middle school, serving grades 7 and 8 and feeding into Jess Lanier. The school was named in honor of James Davis, principal of Bessemer High School in the 1940s. The school's mascot was the Tigers and its colors were purple and white.
- Chambers, Jesse (September 13, 2013) "Bessemer City Middle School has new home, new colors, new spirit." The Birmingham News
- Chambers, Jesse (October 2, 2013) "City of Bessemer will take possession of Davis School Oct. 15, will "move quickly' with demolition." The Birmingham News
- Chambers, Jesse (April 15, 2014) "'A special moment' as Bessemer officials break ground for long-promised recreation facility." The Birmingham News