December 13 in the history of the Birmingham District:
- 2018: Ground was broken for the BJCC stadium.
- 2010: The Mountain internet radio station began webcasting.
- 2008: The G. H. Stevenson residence, home of actor Glenn Shadix, was destroyed by fire.
- 2005: Bo Bice's album The Real Thing was released.
- 2003: Big Fish premiered at the Summit 16 Cinema as a fund-raiser for the Ronald McDonald House.
- 2001: Kim Emerson was appointed Kimberly's Chief of Police.
- 1997: Professional baseball player Russ Davis appeared in a skit on Saturday Night Live.
- 1979: The Alabama Theatre was added to the National Register of Historic Places.
- 1958: A rare snowfall brought 3.3 inches to Birmingham.
- 1927: A referendum was held to raise a 1-mill tax to fund the Jefferson County Tuberculosis Sanatorium.
- 1882: James Weatherly married Florence Milner in Birmingham.
- 1827: Blountsville was incorporated.
- 1819: Jefferson County was established.
- 1819: The City of Tuscaloosa was incorporated.
- 2011: Nairi, a female orangutan, was born at the Birmingham Zoo.
- 1972: Music and event promoter Zeus Garrett was born.
- 1967: Baseball player Mike Mordecai was born in Birmingham.
- 1952: NBA player Larry Kenon was born in Birmingham.
- 1949: Singer Randy Owen was born.
- 1943: Tennis player Roberta Alison was born in Alexander City.
- 1930: Country Boy Eddie Burns was born in Blount County.