Gardendale First Baptist Church
Gardendale First Baptist Church is a Southern Baptist church located at 316 Mountain Crest Boulevard adjacent to I-65 between Fieldstown Road (Exit 271) and Mount Olive Road (Exit 272). The senior pastor is Kevin Hamm, who has held that position since April 2006.
In 2010 the church completed its present 145-acre "Upward Park" campus. The $19.7 million, 104,000 square-foot worship center seats 2,700, but is designed for a future expansion to seat as many as 4,200. The first services were held there on August 8, 2010. A 125-foot steel cross serves as a landmark for the site, visible from I-65.
 See also
- Martin, Wayne. (January 23, 2007). "First Baptist to resume work on new campus." The Birmingham News.
- Ruisi, Anne (March 10, 2009) "Gardendale, Alabama First Baptist Church gets loan for new church." Birmingham News
- Songer, Joe (March 3, 2010) "Towering cross nearly ready beside Interstate 65 at Gardendale." Birmingham News
- Garrison, Greg (March 6, 2010) "Gardendale First Baptist nears completion on megachurch complex." Birmingham News
- Garrison, Greg (August 7, 2010) "Gardendale First Baptist opens new campus Sunday." Birmingham News
 External links
- Gardendale First Baptist Church website