Harvest Market (formerly Organic Harvest) is a family-owned grocery retailer specializing in natural and organic foods.
The company was founded in 2005 by Ken Camp and his son Kenny. The original Organic Harvest store, which also features a cafe, is located in the Hoover Village shopping center at 1580 Montgomery Highway in Hoover. Michael Maddox joined the company as CEO and COO in 2016. Jeff Gentry, a partner in Bamawise, is also involved as an investment partner.
In 2018 Organic Harvest announced the opening of two new stores. One in the Caheen Building at 1924-1926 2nd Avenue North in downtown Birmingham and one at The Village at Brock's Gap shopping center in Hoover's Trace Crossings subdivision. That same year the company took over operation of a former Healthy Home Market at the Plaza Midwood shopping center in Charlotte, North Carolina.
- Cromwell, Sydney (December 14, 2017) "Organic Harvest to open Brock's Gap location." Hoover Sun
- Van der Bijl, Hanno (May 4, 2018) "New grocery store slated to open downtown." Birmingham Business Journal
- Peralta, Katherine (August 20, 2018) "Alabama grocer to open 1st Charlotte store in Plaza Midwood." Charlotte Observer
- Van der Bijl, Hanno (April 1, 2019) "Local group buys Village Market from Western, opening several grocery stores in metro." Birmingham Business Journal
- Johnson, Roy S. (April 3, 2019) "Village Market’s new owners are a fresh start toward eliminating city’s food deserts." The Birmingham News
- "See inside downtown’s newest grocery store and cafe" (July 8, 2019) Birmingham magazine / AL.com