Welcome to Bhamwiki
Bhamwiki, now in its tenth year, is an encyclopedic resource for anyone curious about Birmingham, Alabama and the region around it. We aim for accuracy, objectivity, and accessibility as we work steadily to expand our coverage.
Bhamwiki has more than ten thousand individual entries to explore. There are several ways to navigate the site. Click on any blue link to read an article about that topic. Try perusing some of our featured articles, or our newest entries. Look at what happened on this date in Birmingham's history. Take a chance by clicking on "random page" to the left. Or, if you know what you're looking for, try using the search box, or you can even start at the top and work your way down.
If you're interested in contributing corrections, comments, or an idea for an article, check out our Bhamwiki:Suggestion box. If you'd like to join the project as an editor, please review our Bhamwiki:User agreement. Note that all contributions are reviewed for adherence to our content policy and are subject to correction and expansion by other editors.
In the news
- May 22: Bernhard Langer won the 2016 Regions Tradition at Greystone Golf and Country Club
- May 1: Brad Keselowski won the GEICO 500 at Talladega Superspeedway.
- March 27 (Easter): Mother Angelica died at the Our Lady of the Angels monastery in Hanceville.
- March 25: The UAB Blazers' Jerod Haase agreed to become the head men's basketball coach at Stanford University.
- ...that Chris Fryar, drummer for the Zac Brown Band, grew up in Gardendale?
- ...that Brother Bryan Park was originally called Magnolia Park?
- ...that the Coosa River is the most developed river in Alabama, and most of its length in the state is impounded by one of seven dams?
- ...that nationally-touring comedian Carrot Top lost most of his props in a fire at the Comedy Club on Greensprings Highway during Winter Storm '93?
Bhamwiki has been running since March 15, 2006. The project currently has 461 registered user accounts and contains approximately 11,788 articles. See Bhamwiki:Milestones for more information on the growth of the site. You can also join us on facebook or follow along on twitter.