Welcome to Bhamwiki
Bhamwiki, now in its seventh year, is an encyclopedic resource for anyone curious about Birmingham, Alabama and the region around it. We aim for accuracy, objectivity, and accessibility as we work steadily to expand our coverage.
Bhamwiki has thousands individual entries to explore. There are several ways to explore the site. Clicking on any blue link will take you to an article about that topic. You can also peruse some of our featured articles, or take a chance by clicking on "random page" to the left, or, if you know what you're looking for, try the search box, or you can even start at the top.
If you're interested in contributing corrections, comments, or an idea for an article, check out our Bhamwiki:Suggestion box. If you'd like to join the project as an editor, please review our Bhamwiki:User agreement. Note that all contributions are reviewed for adherence to our content policy and are subject to correction and expansion by other editors.
In the news
- April 1: Will Power won the Indy Grand Prix of Alabama at the Barber Motorsports Park.
- March 29: Freshfully won the Occupy Avondale contest for 6 months free rent at 200 41st Street South.
- March 16: UAB Blazers coach Mike Davis men's basketball coach was fired by athletic director Brian Mackin.
- March 13: Samford Bulldogs men's basketball coach Jimmy Tillette was fired by athletic director Martin Newton.
- ...that Boogie woogie music has its roots in Birmingham?
- ...that before the Red Mountain cut, the possibility of a tunnel was considered?
- ...that Hardrock Gunter lost his prize guitar at the Battle of the Bulge?
- ...that the Birmingham Botanical Gardens has a "Moon Tree"?
Today is Sunday May 26, 2013. Bhamwiki has been running since March 15, 2006. The project currently has 382 registered user accounts and contains approximately 9,280 articles. See Bhamwiki:Milestones for more information on the growth of the site. You can also join us on facebook or follow along on twitter.
Looking for Bhamwiki-branded apparel and equipment? Try the Bhamwiki Boutique.