October 3 in the history of the Birmingham District:
- 2016: Cashio's Meatball Market opened in Lakeview.
- 1997: Music minister Brian Tribble surprised a burglar at Centercrest Baptist Church and was murdered.
- 1988: C. Pat Reynolds was sworn in as Mayor of Vestavia Hills.
- 1963: The Maid of Cotton was crowned at the 1963 Alabama State Fair.
- 1960: Robert Guillot was sworn in as Mayor of Vestavia Hills.
- 1955: The 1955 Alabama State Fair began.
- 1921: Thompson High School opened in Siluria.
- 1984: Actor Britt Rentschler was born in Birmingham.
- 1976: Reed Lochamy was born.
- 1964: Radio morning show personality Rick Burgess was born in Birmingham.
- 1944: Governor Bob Riley was born in Talladega.
- 1932: Radio deejay and television host Neal Miller was born in Corner.
- 1905: Air Force general and "Yea Alabama!" composer Epp Sykes was born in Rockmart, Georgia
- 1877: Architect William Warren was born in Montgomery.
- 1840: Photographer D. C. Redington was born in Covington, Kentucky.