Red Mountain Makers
The organization offers its members space, equipment and other resources to support self-directed creative and research projects. The space currently houses several rentable studios as well as shared workspaces grouped into several labs:
- Fiber Lab - sewing, weaving, fiber arts
- Shape Lab - woodworking, metalworking
- Print Lab and reference library
- Circuit Lab, computer builds, microprocessors, and all things electronic
- Computer Lab, software-based project development, 3D printers, programming
- Bio Lab, fermentation and compounding of plant-based medicines
The group has a strong focus on open source hardware, software and design.
- Hicks, Shirley (July 12, 2015) "Case study: Taking a nonprofit from start-up to financial break-even in 17 months"