Rumore's Record Rack

From Bhamwiki
Revision as of 15:30, 26 February 2017 by Dystopos (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to: navigation, search
Rumores Record Rack logo.jpg

Joe Rumore's Record Rack was a stereo equipment and record store located at 1802 2nd Avenue North, in a retail space built into the ground floor of a parking deck. It was opened by popular WVOK-AM radio deejay Joe Rumore on April 24, 1954. Singer Johnny Maddox performed at the opening.

Rumore moved the store to Homewood in 1970. It closed in 1979.