Shades Mountain Baptist Church

From Bhamwiki
Revision as of 07:18, 6 October 2020 by Dystopos (Talk | contribs)

Jump to: navigation, search
This article is about the church on Columbiana Road. For the church on Park Avenue in Bluff Park, see Shades Crest Baptist Church.
SMBC logo.jpg

Shades Mountain Baptist Church is a large Baptist church located at 2017 Columbiana Road in Vestavia Hills.

The church was founded as a children's Bible study led by William Sellers under a shade tree in 1907, soon moving into the one-room Montgomery Schoolhouse. It was organized as White's Chapel Baptist Church in 1911, and adopted its present name as it began worshiping in its own new building on Canyon Road on February 14, 1926.

The church began construction of a new, 1,500-seat sanctuary and fellowship hall on October 24, 1962. It opened in 1963. The congregation continued to grow, and a new 3,500-seat worship center was opened on April 30, 1989.

Pastors

References

External links