Steward Machine Co.
The company was founded in 1900 to produce equipment for the coal and iron ore mining industries of the Birmingham District. The firm soon expanded to supply iron rolling and steel production plants and later diversified into constructing movable bridge machinery, lock and dam equipment, heavy industry, aerospace, and sewer and waste facilities.
In 1985 Steward acquired the product line of the Earle Gear company of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Among its notable projects is the retracting roof mechanisms for the Milwaukee Brewers' Miller Park.
- Corporate Office and Main Plant: 3911 13th Avenue North
- Steward Machine Plant 2 Fabrication Shop: Air Industrial Center, 1420 50th Street North
- Plant 3: Bainbridge, Georgia
- Tomberlin, Michael (March 7, 2012) "Birmingham industrialist brothers see pending crisis for skilled labor." Birmingham News
 External links
- Steward Machine Co., Inc. website