112-114 24th Street North
112-114 24th Street North is a 7,520 square-foot 2-story brick building housing a cabinet shop and artists' studios.
The two-story brick building was constructed around 1910 and was documented in 1984 as a contributing structure to the Downtown Birmingham Historic District listed on the National Register of Historic Places. At that time, the building housed the Entertainer's Club on the ground floor and the Iron Workers Shopmen Local Union No. 539 above.
The building was purchased in 1986 by attorney Mitch Damsky. Damsky leased the building to Gary Hyche in 1993, who in turn managed the artists' studios on the upper floor and operated the Bomb Shelter music performance venue on the ground floor.
- "Bombed out" (January 24, 2008) Birmingham Weekly. Vol. 11, No. 22
- Godwin, Brent (May 3, 2017) "New condo project coming to downtown." Birmingham Business Journal