1927 Porter Clothing Co. building
The 1927 Porter Clothing Co. building is a three-story, limestone-clad commercial building on the southeast corner of 20th Street and 3rd Avenue North (the northwestern quarter of Block 85). It was built in 1927 for the Porter Clothing Co.
The building, which replaced an existing row of small commercial building, was designed in a modern "stripped classicist" style by the firm of Miller, Martin & Lewis.
- 213: Forstall Art Center (2016-), former location of Mayo's Mens' Clothes (1941), O.P.O. Clothes (1946), J. B. Strauss Clothing (c. 1929), Fidelity Federal Savings & Loan (1964), Cityscape Group
- 213½: former location of Hill Sign Co.
- 215: former location of Marbels Cadie-Wear (c. 1929), Godwin Stationery Company (1930s), J. B. Strauss & Co. (1941), Alabama Paper Company, Hanover Shoe Store (1964)
- 217: Alchemy men's store (2015-), former location of Worth Feminine Apparel (c. 1929), Wormser Hat Store (1930s-1964), Orange Julius and Sojourns (2007-2010)
- 219: former location of Royal Hatters (c. 1929), Studio Book Shop (1941-1964) and Thom McAn Shoes (1964), Bon Ton Hatters (1979-2016)
- 221-227: Auburn University Urban Studio (2013-), former location of Porter Clothing Co., (1927-1963), Shoney's Big Boy (1967-) and MedTown Pharmacy (2005-2010)