1st Church of Christ, Scientist (1911 building)
The 1st Church of Christ, Scientist (1911 building) was built for the 1st Church of Christ, Scientist in 1911 at 2031 11th Avenue South, the former site of Five Points Chapel. The 7,000 square-foot Greek Revival style structure was sold when the church moved to a larger building on Highland Avenue and has since mainly been used for professional offices.
The building was purchased and renovated by architect Joe Giattina in the 1970s and became the home of Giattina Fisher Aycock (under several names) until 2003 when the firm moved to the Jemison Flats downtown. Slaughter Hanson & Associates, an advertising agency, moved into the building that year and also provided office space for the Friends of Rickwood Field. When Slaughter Hanson moved to English Village in 2009, the building was sold to Presley Burton & Collier, a law firm which renovated the building and relocated from the Protective Center in Mountain Brook.