2017 UAB Blazers football team
The 2017 UAB Blazers played the 25th season of football for UAB, their 19th in Division I-A, and their 16th as a member of Conference USA. The team was coached by Bill Clark, in his second season as head coach, not including two years that the program was on hiatus. The 2017 season saw Clark's untested Blazers cruise to an 8-5 season, finishing second in Conference USA's west division, and earning an invitation to the Bahamas Bowl.
- September 2: Defeated Alabama A&M 38-7 at Legion Field.
- September 9: Lost to Ball State, 31-51, in Muncie, Indiana.
- September 16: Defeated Coastal Carolina 30-23 at Legion Field.
- September 23: Lost to North Texas, 43-46, in Denton, Texas.
- October 7: Defeated Louisiana Tech 23-22 at Legion Field.
- October 14: Defeated Middle Tennessee 25-23 at Legion Field.
- October 21: Lost to North Carolina-Charlotte 24–25 in overtime in Charlotte, North Carolina.
- October 28: Defeated Southern Miss 30-12 in Hattiesburg, Mississippi.
- November 4: Defeated Rice 52-21 at Legion Field.
- November 11: Defeated UTSA 24-19 in San Antonio, Texas.
- November 18: Lost to Florida 7-36 in Gainesville, Florida.
- November 25: Defeated Texas-El Paso 28-7 at Legion Field.
- December 22: Lost to Ohio 41-6 in the Bahamas Bowl at Thomas Robinson Stadium in Nassau.
|UAB Blazers football