The ACIPCO Medical Group (AMG) Pharmacy was founded in 1955 by the American Cast Iron Pipe Company (ACIPCO) as an employee and dependent's benefit. It was located in an older clinic building as part of the ACIPCO Health Services. The concept of the medical clinic developed from John J. Eagan’s vision for a health clinic based on The Golden Rule, Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
Clayton Kyser, RPh. was the first pharmacist. The present Director of the Pharmacy, Johnny Curren, who began his career as a Samford student, has continued to be an integral part of the pharmacy for 30+ years. Becky Galletly preceded Johnny as Director of Pharmacy.
- In 1988, ACIPCO Health Services was a "State of the Art" clinic which included a 5 physician primary care clinic, a dental department with 6 dentists, and the pharmacy. Dr. Sydney Gibbs, a general surgeon, was appointed Medical Director.
- In 1989, Roland Bradford, a Masters trained hospital executive and Fellow of the American College of Healthcare Exes, was appointed Administrator.
- In 1992, the clinic was accredited by the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Health Care Organization.
- In 2006, ACIPCO Health Services became ACIPCO Medical Group under the direction of Dr. J.W. Pitts Jr, an Internal Medicine Physician, and Roland Bradford.
- In 2007, the Optical Shop opened and an optometrist joined the clinic.
- In 2018, Brookwood Baptist Health bought the ACIPCO Medical Group and began planning a larger facility for the clinic in Gardendale.
- In 2019, the Gardendale clinic relocated from 758 Main Street to Fields Corner and is now located at the intersection of Mount Olive Road and Fieldstown Road. When the pharmacy moved from ACIPCO in North Birmingham to the Fields Corner location, they were no longer allowed to use "ACIPCO" as part of their name, so now it is just "AMG Pharmacy".
- In 2020, the pharmacy closed.
The clinic has 12,397 square feet and also hosts the 2,458 square foot AMG Pharmacy and has an additional 2,400 square feet available for a restaurant. It opened for business on February 4, 2019 and held a grand-opening ceremony on February 24, 2019.
- Brookwood Baptist Health website