Alabama State Highway 150
Alabama Highway 150 (or State Route 150) is a 13-mile long highway that connects Hoover and Bessemer. It merges with Lorna Road where it crosses U.S. Highway 31 in Hoover and its western terminus is at U.S. Highway 11 and Alabama Highway 5.
Before 1984, Highway 150 was a two-lane route from Hoover to the Bessemer city limits, but residential, commercial and institutional growth has led to the city of Hoover widening the route from U.S. Highway 31 to Interstate 459. Work began in May 2006 to widen Highway 150 to five lanes from I-459 to Ross Bridge Parkway, a distance of approximately three miles. Future plans call for widening the entire route from Hoover to Bessemer to five lanes.
Since the 1980s, many commercial developments have been built along Highway 150 in Hoover. Several large retail developments, including the Riverchase Galleria and the Patton Creek Shopping Center, are located along or adjoining to this route. Hunter Street Baptist Church, one of the largest churches in Alabama, is located on this route, and the Hoover Metropolitan Stadium is accessible via the route.
In Hoover, Highway 150 has been designated as John Hawkins Parkway, in honor of the late Alabama state legislator who represented the city and southern Jefferson County. In Bessemer, Highway 150 is referred to as 14th Street.
- For a more detailed list of locations, see 14th Street Bessemer.
- 9th Avenue North Bessemer intersects (terminus)
- Fairfax Avenue intersects
- Morgan Road intersects (south only)
- Lakeshore Parkway intersection (north only)
- road crosses Little Shades Creek
- Shannon Road / Readers-Gap Road (north) / Old Highway 150 (south) intersects
- Parkwood Road (south) / Maxwell Road Southeast (north) intersects
- For a more detailed list of locations, see John Hawkins Parkway.
- Lake Cyrus Boulevard intersects (south only)
- Jonathan Michael (Mike) Gilotti Memorial Bridge (dedicated 2019) over Shades Creek
- Ross Bridge Parkway intersects (south only)
- Shades Crest Road intersects (road east becomes John Hawkins Parkway)
- Grove Boulevard intersects (south only)
- Interstate 459 interchange
- 2700–2810: Colonial Promenade at Hoover
- 3001: Patton Creek Shopping Center
- Galleria Boulevard intersects
- Montgomery Highway intersects (Highway 150 terminus; road continues east as Lorna Road)
- "Alabama State Route 150." Wikipedia, The Free Encyclopedia. 14 Oct 2006, 01:32 UTC. Wikimedia Foundation, Inc. 6 Nov 2006 .