Aliant Bank

From Bhamwiki
Jump to: navigation, search
Aliant-logo.jpg

Aliant Bank was a community bank based in Alexander City. It was founded in 1900 as the Citizens Bank of Alexander City by Sally Thomas, Benjamin Russell and Thomas Russell, members of the family that founded Russell Corporation two years later. Aliant adopted its current name in 1984. The bank, with more than $2.3 billion in assets, operates fifteen branch offices in Alabama and was headed by CEO Harlan Parrish, who worked from the Aliant Center in Meadow Brook Corporate Park in U. S. Highway 280.

Aliant Bank first expanded into the Birmingham market in 1996 and expanded in 2010 when it was acquired by the Clearwater, Florida-based USAmeriBank. It continued to operate from Birmingham as a separate division. In 2012 the bank hired Hip Brand Group to execute a re-branding strategy with a new logo. In 2015 Aliant rebranded under the USAmeriBank name. In 2017 USAmeribank was acquired by Valley National Bancorp of Wayne, New Jersey and merged with its Valley National Bank under that name. The transaction was completed on January 1, 2018.

Branch locations

References

  • Williams, Roy L. (May 12, 2012) "Alabama's Aliant Bank seeks bigger splash in rebranding." The Birmingham News
  • Seale, Michael (April 27, 2015) "Aliant Bank rebranding as USAmeriBank." Birmingham Business Journal
  • "Valley National Bancorp To Acquire USAmeriBancorp, Inc. And Substantially Enhance Its Florida Franchise." (July 26, 2017) Valley National Bancorp press release