American Trust & Savings Bank
The American Trust & Savings Bank was a bank which opened on April 1, 1903 with $100,000 in capital funds. It was headed by George McCormack with Henry Badham Sr as vice-president and H. B. Urquhart as cashier.
It merged with Traders National Bank to form the American-Traders National Bank and opened branch offices in Leeds, North Birmingham, Woodlawn, Fairfield, Ensley and Tarrant. It also constructed the American Trust Building on the southeast corner of 1st Avenue North and 20th Street, briefly the city's tallest skyscraper, as its headquarters.
- Cruikshank, George H. (1920) History of Birmingham and Its Environs: A Narrative Account of Their Historical Progress, Their People, and Their Principal Interests 2 volumes. Chicago, Illinois: Lewis Publishing Company. - via Birmingham Public Library Digital Collections