Anzeiger des Südens
The Anzeiger des Südens or Anzeiger des Suedens (Southern Gazette) was a daily German-language newspaper distributed across the Tennessee, Alabama and Georgia, with many copies shipped overseas to Germany and Austria. The paper was founded in Nashville, Tennessee in 1880 by William B. Fischer.
The Birmingham edition, launched in 1888, was edited by Leon Landsberg from offices above Seals Bros. piano and organ showroom at 2113 2nd Avenue North. Both editions were printed in Nashville. Subscriptions were offered for $2.25 per year.
- Crew, H. W., editor (1890) History of Nashville, Tenn. Nashville: Publishing House of the Methodist Episcopal Church, South
- Anzeiger des Südens bibliographical page at LOC.gov