Austin Perrine (born December 24, 2013 in Austin, Texas), known as "President Austin", is a young superhero who uses his allowance and other donated funds to purchase meals for the homeless and hungry. He tells everyone he meets, "Don't forget to show love!" a message reinforced by the "#Show Love" motto on his superhero costume.
For his good works, President Austin has been honored with the keys to the cities of Mobile and Prichard, Alabama, and May 1, 2018 was designated "Austin Perrine Day" in Mobile. His appearance on Steve Hartman's "On the Road" segment for CBS News led to a campaign which raised tens of thousands of dollars to further President Austin's mission, via the "Show Love Foundation", which now has a goal of building homeless shelters in every state.
- Hartman, Steve (May 4, 2018) "4-year-old superhero using his power to feed the homeless" CBS News
- Koplowitz, Howard (May 6, 2018) "Young Alabama 'superhero' Austin Perine raising thousands to feed the homeless." The Birmingham News
- "Vulcan® Park Foundation Announces the Fifth Annual The Vulcans Community Awards Honorees." (September 10, 2018) Vulcan Park Foundation press release
- "5 people who inspired us this year -- and the impact they continue to have." (December 23, 2018) CNN.com
- President Austin on Facebook.com