Avondale Commerce Park

From Bhamwiki
Jump to: navigation, search

The Avondale Commerce Park is a 381,325 square-foot business and industrial complex owned by EGS Commercial Real Estate and located on the blocks between 37th and 41st Streets, north of 1st Avenue North and south of Messer Airport Highway, the site where Avondale Mills operated from 1897 to 1971, in Birmingham's North Avondale neighborhood.

The business park was developed in the 1980s by Marc Eason, later a partner in EGS. The development consists of several separate buildings, leased by a variety of manufacturers and distributors.

In 2016 Eason and his son Adam announced that a major portion of the Commerce Park would be redeveloped as "Avondale Works", subdividing the existing spaces for smaller tenants and adding shared indoor and outdoor common spaces. That project never secured enough tenants to continue, and a residential loft development was under consideration before Ferguson Enterprises signed on for a new showroom and warehouse building in 2020.

Buildings

References