Baker Elementary School
|Baker Elementary School|
|Location||3013 Avenue F, (map)|
The original four-room school was named for N. R. Baker, who served as Superintendent of Ensley City Schools. It was constructed by the City of Ensley in 1910, but was immediately merged into "Greater Birmingham" and became a city school. It was expanded some time after 1920.
Baker Elementary School closed before 2004 and was demolished. The site was subdivided into single family residential lots.