Bellevue Academy

From Bhamwiki
Jump to: navigation, search

The Bellevue Academy was a private school established by M. V. Henry and J. L. Brittain at the corner of 19th Street and 14th Avenue North in 1883.

The academy admitted young men and women in the higher grades to prepare them for college or business. Both founders had served on the faculty of Cumberland College in Lebanon, Tennessee before coming to Birmingham. By 1888 the school had an enrollment of 100 students.

Notable alumni

References