Berney's Drug Store

From Bhamwiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Berney's Drug Store (or Berney's Pharmacy) was an apothecary located on the corner of Avenue F and 21st Street in Ensley.

The business was first opened by Oscar and Bruce Berney in 1898 on the corner of Avenue E and 19th Street. Ownership fell to pharmacist Joe Stammer and his son Joe, Jr who moved the business to its second location in 1959.

References